The first CameraSim 3D playable preview is ready for you to try out. UPDATE: The second CameraSim 3D preview has been released!
It’s the first glimpse behind the virtual lens of CameraSim 3D. This brief demo guides you through the controls for moving around the 3D learning environment – which is easy to learn and very familiar for you gamers – and the first few steps of taking photos with your DSLR.
- A computer made within the last 3 years. (Older computers may work; we’re still documenting detailed system requirements.)
- A mouse with scroll functionality, usually via a middle mouse wheel. A touchpad that supports a scroll gesture, such using two fingers or via a scroll area, should also work.
- The free Unity plugin. The demo page will prompt you to download it if it is not already installed.
- Safari is not yet supported.
- Focal Length and Focus (via the mouse wheel or scrolling gesture) are overly sensitive in Chrome browsers.
- Full camera controls will be accessible in a later version of the preview.
If you have any performance problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m thrilled to share this milestone with you, but more previews and functionality are on the way. Thank you not only for your patience but for all your comments on our recent sneak peek blog post. Here are just a few of the things I heard:
- “I suggest that you have an in-depth section on people’s faces as subjects, such as the effect of focal length and subject distance, back lighting, managing direct sun, etc.” – Ken S.
- “I would love to do night photography within the app, capture the aurora borealis and star trails.” – Stuart A.
- “I would love to also use some low light settings. It would be nice to have some shots for that.” - Sharon M.
- “A sports scenario would be fantastic. The key point to this is peak action shooting, anticipation of the shot, and of course fast shutter speeds.” – Mark C.
- “I think it would be great if a photographic studio could be one of the locations/levels.” – Chad W.
As we continue to build CameraSim 3D and add features, your feedback is invaluable and so appreciated.
That’s why I can’t wait for your reaction to this first preview. What do you think about the movement controls, the detail of the environment, and using the virtual camera?
Please give it a go and comment below with your feedback!