The newest CameraSim 3D preview is here! This preview contains several tweaks based on the feedback we received from our first preview (thank you!) as well as new, fully functional DSLR camera controls.
I’ve had a few people ask about being able to skip the tutorial, so let me clarify: this preview IS the tutorial. The actual lessons and scenes will be in separate modules that I’m currently working on.
Here’s a quick run down of the features in this preview:
- Exposure priority modes
- Shutter speed
- Exposure compensation
- White balance
- On-camera flash
- Depth-of-field blur
- Motion blur
- Camera shake blur
- Over/under exposure
- Color grading from white balance setting
- CHANGE: Added alternate keyboard controls for zooming and focusing for players without scroll wheels
- CHANGE: Reduced camera shake
- CHANGE: Removed the “wood planks” section (I had gone a little overboard with that part, sorry!)
- CHANGE: C key toggles crouching instead having to hold down the C key to crouch
- ADDED: Free roam mode, allowing players to take photos of whatever they want
- FIX: Snapped photo does not suffer from reduced resolution
- FIX: Focal length and focus scroll direction corrected on PC platforms (i.e. scrolling UP should zoom IN)
(There are many more enhancements on our list as a result of your feedback, but…in time.)
- A computer made within the last 3 years. (Older computers may work; we’re still documenting detailed system requirements.)
- The free Unity plugin. The demo page will prompt you to download it if it is not already installed.
- The mouse wheel (or touchpad scrolling gesture) will not work in Safari. Either use a different browser or use the alternate keys described in the preview.
- The mouse wheel (or touchpad scrolling gesture) is overly sensitive in Chrome.
Give this new preview a try, and then let us know what you think in the comments below!