Learn by doing
Freely experiment with this virtual DSLR. Snap the “photo” to see your results.
Get clear explanations on key DSLR photography principles.
Learn by seeing
Example settings show the flexibility – and pitfalls – of a DSLR camera.
Get instant advice on how “bad” photos can be improved.
This is the enhanced version of my DSLR learning tool featured by Wired, USAToday, Engadget, Gizmodo, Lifehacker, PCWorld, and MacWorld that is rapidly approaching 1 million “stumbles” by the StumbleUpon community.
CameraSim visually explains the controls of a DLSR camera. Using a specially designed example image, CamerSim lets you experience the effects of various settings.
See the effects of:
- Shutter speed
- Focal length
- ‘Camera shake’ blur
- Tripod stabilization
- Subject motion blur
- Over- & under-exposure
- Exposure priority modes
For photography newbies
- Experiment with wildly different settings and see how each affects the final “photo”
- Get instant feedback: see what you did right, or get advice on how your settings can be improved
- Observe the effects of preset example settings, or experiment with settings of your own
For photography instructors
- Provides an interactive demonstration of key photography principles to students
- Full screen mode provides an uncluttered visual aid for teaching and presentations!
- Select between Canon-ish and Nikon-ish viewfinder views
- Option to hide photo feedback
Choose from multiple translations within the app!
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
CameraSim is the fun and engaging way to demystify the DLSR camera!